Our mission statement:
Preparing students to succeed
We would like to inform you of several items regarding the coronavirus situation and how this will affect your child’s education.
- Update: students will not attend school in person through May 1. As conditions develop, the district will send out further information.
- Although school is not in session, the school building is still open on a limited basis. School-issued Chromebooks, if not already at home, may be retrieved from the school any weekday between 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. If your child does not have a school-issued Chromebook and now needs one, please contact the main office.
- Starting Monday, March 23, breakfast and lunch will only be available at a limited number of elementary schools. Please see the list below. Meals will be FREE for ALL children age 18 and under. No student numbers or payment will be required. Federal rules require that children be present to receive a meal. Adults may not purchase a meal. Free breakfast (8:00-9:00 a.m.) and free lunch (11:00 a.m.-12 p.m.) will be available for all children starting on Monday at the following schools:
- Bluffdale Elementary School
- Columbia Elementary School
- Copper Canyon Elementary School
- Eastlake Elementary School
- Foothills Elementary School
- Heartland Elementary School
- Majestic Elementary School
- Oquirrh Elementary School
- Riverside Elementary School
- Southland Elementary School
- South Jordan Elementary School
- Terra Linda Elementary School
- Westvale Elementary School
- Online learning began on Wednesday, March 18 via lessons and activities that teachers send out electronically. Please check your email for communications from your student’s teachers, and please do your best to ensure that your child works on their classwork each day. Students may be asked to work on Canvas, Google Classroom, apps, websites referred by the teachers, etc. Grades will be assigned for 3rd and 4th quarter, so please make stay on top of your online schoolwork.
- All extracurricular activities have been cancelled through May 1.
- Because of these cancellations, which include rehearsals for our play Seussical, we have postponed the play. If you purchased tickets to the play, you should have already received your refund. As conditions are evaluated, we will let you know the new dates of the play.
- In order to encourage greater social distancing, many employees have been given the flexibility to work from home. As a result, building access for parents and students will vary by school. Please contact your child’s school if you have questions.
- In order to facilitate communication between teachers and students, we recommend that students update their preferred email in Skyward. To do so, students should log in to Family Access in Skyward, select “My Account” in the top right corner, then update the field marked “email.”
- Comcast is allowing free open-usage of their hotspots. For more information, click here.
We will update you when we hear more from the state regarding how much longer school may be dismissed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 801-412-1000. Thanks, and make it a great day.
Calling all 9th graders!
Please submit your favorite inspiring quote! The quotes will be included in the memory book.
MCMS Daily Bell Schedules:
*Note: TA time on Thursdays has changed for second semester
Mountain Creek Middle School Photo Gallery